Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A yummy kind of wonderful day

Few things are as wonderful as freash from the oven chocolate chip cookies! These cookies in particular are even sweter because I had 3 of the very best sous chefs to help me make them.


This was also the first time our nearly 2 year old, got a chance to don an apron and get his hands ( and face, and ears, and just about everything else) dirty.






I love food, ( perhaps too much) I wasn't a fat kid for no reason, so of course I like cooking but baking with my kids is (usually) just the best thing ever. It was more challanging this go round with Simon in the middle but we managed to be civil take turns, measure correctly and get some mighty fine cookies out of the deal.
All in all today was wonderful. We are so blessed and often I think we over look so many of those blessings in the busy goings ons of life. Today however we took time to enjoy them and point them out to each other, praising the Lord along the way. Ted goes back to work tomorrow , he had taken a week of for Thanksgiving and our wedding anniversary ( 6 years and still kicking!) So we just hung out today, went to the post office to pick out Christmas stamps and so Hayden could send off a copy of he very own comic book to his pen pal. Took the kids to the park and ran around like a bunch of looney birds and baked some cookies and ate some cookies. Ate too many cookies...
If it weren't for cub scouts tonight I think we'd just all roll of to bed now and call it a great day. Before the sugar crash happens!



1 comment:

Johnna said...

Such handsome boys. They get that from me. :)

Love ya!! Mom

 

Tranquil Chaos | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates