Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pressing on and counting my blessings

I haven't posted in a very long time. I wanted to wait till I had a grasp of what was going on in my life right now. For those that don't know the story, here goes. Just before Christmas I was overjoyed to find out I am expecting. On Christmas day however, I freaked out at the sight of bleeding and thought this must be over. The minor bleeding continued for two weeks and then I had a pain in my side so off to the hospital at Langley we went. After waiting ALL day there they did an ultrasound scan and told me that"There is no viable pregnancy in your uterus." Plain and simpleno heartbeat, no fetal pole, nothing. I was crushed and cried most the night. However I woke up the following day with a feeling that there was still something going on, as if I could feel that there was still life growing in me. God was awesome as always and has brought very supportive friends into my life that Chose to pray for the life in my womb rather than right it off. I waited 3 1/2 long weeks to be seen again for my follow-up ultrasound. It was a rough time of learning to truly trust the Lord to do his thing and give up the control I so love to have.
"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
We went in for the follow-up on the 29th of January . There was the most beautiful heart beating in a wiggly little bean of a baby where the doctor told me my "non-viable pregnancy" was! God is so good to us. The road leading up to seeing that heart beat sucked, and I still have to remind myself daily to give this up to the Lord, because I can't do it myself and so I shouldn't try. I still have the minor bleeding to deal with , the doctors said they could not see a cause for it. I think God may be using it to help grow me and my husband in faith. Faith is easy when everything is going your way, right? I just wanted to share our adventure and hope it encourages someone else. Please join us in praying for a healthy little babe come this August :-)




Our little jelly bean at 9 weeks.

No comments:

 

Tranquil Chaos | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates